Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Hi, If tried all the above, also not working. I'm running Suse 10.3 with gnome and I'm a big noob at this. Linux was installed with the firewall disabled, updated ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Webmin not working after fresh install

Hi, If tried all the above, also not working. I'm running Suse 10.3 with gnome and I'm a big noob at this. Linux was installed with the firewall disabled, updated and ready to go. After that I bridged my to ethernet cards to ifcfg-br0 and that working perfectly. After that I run yast -i perl-Net_SSLeay, and installed correctly. After that I installed webmin-1.410.tar.gz to ./setup.sh usr/local/webmin. Everything was installed correctly with using SSH='y', start at boottime='y' bla bla and told my that I can log in with https://hartjies:10000/ using user and pass. Went to firefox and nothing happend. "Page could not be found"! Any help will be appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

Just Joined!
    I realy need some advice on this, still stuck!!
    Thanks.

Thumbs down

hey i think ur webmin service is not running yet.
    make sure.... webmin is running correctly.

as root.. run following...

#/etc/init.d/webmin restart
    make sure its running correctly.
    or any error message appeared in restarting or in syslog.
    post it here..

Just Joined!
    Well thanks, I've got it to work, but not on my Linux server logging in as root, but at a local Vista computer running on the same ip range. The hostname didn't wanne work at first but using the ip worked fine. Well all the config I did through my vista pc, but still up to now I cannot get webmin to work on my linux firefox browser. Firewall has a simple port redirecting rule and nothing else, 'eth0 eth1' = br0 with one ip address. Any idea why!?!?
    Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2