Find the answer to your Linux question:
When I want to change my resolution, it always says that i have to log out and restart the X-server. How do i restart the X-server? I'm using Red Hat. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Jst
    Just Joined!

Resolution.

When I want to change my resolution, it always says that i have to log out and restart the X-server. How do i restart the X-server? I'm using Red Hat.

Jst.

Linux Guru
    Ctrl-Alt-Backspace i think, or you could restart your entire machine.

Linux Engineer
    Depending on the setup of your /etc/X11/XF86Config file you normally just press ctrl-alt-keypad + or - to scroll through the selected resolutions. Should do it dynamically.
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Jst
    Just Joined!
    I already restarted my PC a few times, it doest work though. I'll try the Ctrl-Alt-Backspace.

Tnx
    Jst.

if the power from the computer was completly cut, and then turned back on, then you dont need to reboot x-server, somethign more serious is required. It probably overwriting your new res with the autodetected one.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Jst
    Just Joined!
    I try'd detecting the monitor automaticly, because linux dindt detect this monitor, then I type ctrl+alt+backspace, and when it wanted to go to the login screen it said that the width and heigt where wrong, lucky me that i had Knoppix STD on cd , I only need te know the rootpass, so i can copy the xf86config.backup over the old one, is this also possible using the konsole in knoppix std ? (i have to be root to copy the xf86config.backup over the old one, but with knoppix i only have to type rootme and then im root).

Tnx
    Jst.