Find the answer to your Linux question:
issue with loading my ATI drives on red hat 9.0 I am trying to load them for a 9600pro. After I answer all those question I keep geting the can't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Video drivers pain in the @$$ install issues help!

issue with loading my ATI drives on red hat 9.0 I am trying to load them for a 9600pro. After I answer all those question I keep geting the can't load x wiindow at boot up and it wants to restet everything so i do that then uninstall and try again and time and time again I get the same error. Once I got further and it loaded the 9600 drivers but soon as i loged into KDE or Gnome it would lock up. I am going nuts trying to get this to work because I want to run UT2k4 on it and maybe later set it up as a server for it. So if anyone could help us with this ATI issue that would be great because as of now i am just pissing in the wind trying to get this to work. I do as ATI says and it just don't work she wont take em!

you might need to try a more current distro, rh9 is getting kinda antiquated. something runnign a 2.6 kernel will probably be more receptive to your cuttingedge videocard drivers.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!
    I have the most up to date kernal and xfree86 installed on this system thats why I am so confused on whats going wrong with it ive never had this issue before but I have always used nvida's before because i found them to be more stable on linux

yeah, i use a radeon 8500 all-in-wonder, but i never d ographical work anymore (other than some gimp for web pages) so i didn't even install the drivers this time around. Try opening the config file yourself and rooting around, tone down some settings and what not. I had a confusing and annyoing error w/ xorg for a while, but i just fiddled with the output and config files....dont know what i did, but it fixed it.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!
    I can't even get them installed to work with its config thats the prob it just crashes xwindows