Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys.. some one help me!! I'm unable to set my screen resolution! I have a packardbell laptop (E3250)with S3 Prosavage DDR KN266 with S3 Prosavage graphics (32MB shared memory) ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

S3 Prosavage DDR (KN 266)for LINUX Red Hat 9.0

Hey guys..
    some one help me!! I'm unable to set my screen resolution! I have a packardbell laptop (E3250)with S3 Prosavage DDR KN266 with S3 Prosavage graphics (32MB shared memory) with a generic laptop flatpanel 1024x768. And I dont have the exact drivers on the list!!
    I'll be happy to recieve a reply to neusun001@yahoo.com

Linux Engineer
    go to /etc/X11/XF86config open it with a viewer and then go to section monitor and change the resolution from there...
    Linux For Ever!

Just Joined!

thank u .. but thats not my problem

Perhaps I dint state it clearly, S3 Prosavage DDR KN 266 is not listed on the available graphics cards in the display option on RED HAT 9.0.. also I couldnt find it online!! Please help me with the Drivers , or else suggest me an alternative setting ,where upon I can view as clearly as in Win XP

Linux Engineer
    why don't you try to set it as vesa graphics card?it may works...
    Linux For Ever!

Just Joined!
    I had the same problem and I never fixed it... I just changed the video card to my old GFORCE 4 MX 420... BTW, I don't have a laptop... Just a standard PC.

Just Joined!
    thanks for the suggestions .. however i tried probos drivers.. they too are not good enough!! probably i have to wait for a newer version of Linux!

Just Joined!

I was hating Window

I was always hating window. But now I love it tooooo much.
    I am trying to set up my video card S3 ProSavageDDR on RedHat 9.0 already 4 weeks. Can any one tell me should I have 20 years experience with Linux to start learning it?!!!! I just want to start working on Linux. Is it big problem for Linux developer to make it easier to install the hardware (not exactly like windows) but at least easier than it now. I am searching all over the internet; I downloaded thousands of files, drivers and printed hundreds of documents and reinstalled the redhad hundreds of time What's UP with you??!!! You will never defeat windows in such measly work

Just Joined!

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

If you have VIA KN 266 and S3 prosavage DDR, you are not doomed.
    One simple thing can solve the problem. I know, you wont get a proper screen even to install FC or RH in graphics mode. So do this,
    1. intsall FC/RH in text only mode.
    2. now restart ur computer and connect a CRT monitor (presumed urs is a laptop), u can now see the screen..
    3. adjust the screen to "Generic LCD' of your resolution

problem solved!!