Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a SAPPHIRE RADEON 9200SE 128MB, it says graphics by ATI on the label. Oddly enough I can't find the exact type in the list of supported linux graphics ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

graphics card

I have a SAPPHIRE RADEON 9200SE 128MB, it says graphics by ATI on the label.
    Oddly enough I can't find the exact type in the list of supported linux graphics card, i see varsious other ATI 9000s. Does this mean my graphics card is not supported? So i have to choose the generic VESA driver. I can't seem to change resolution other than 800 x 600, every time i change the resolution then log out, when i log back in the resolution goes back to 800x600. What's wrong? How can I change my resolution?

Linux Engineer
    check at the ati website and try to download and install the drivers.. with that way your card will be recognised and have 3dsupport and all the resolutions available !
    Linux For Ever!

Linux Newbie
    Plus, you'll want to make sure the "Screen" section of your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file contains the higher resolutions to which you want to set your display. There should be a line to the effect of:
    Code:
    Modes        "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
    and the highest resolution your display can handle should be the leftmost on the line. Hope this helps!
    Situations arise because of the weather,
    And no kinds of love are better than others.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    and if you have problem installing the drivers see at section hardware or games in LFDO......
    also there is a guide in ati's web site how to install them.if any problem occurs,just post it!
    GOOD LUCK!
    Linux For Ever!