Find the answer to your Linux question:
To be precise lemme tell you what behaviour am i facing.I have developed an ASP.NET application using C# and i want to run it on RHL 9.0/Apache2.0 using mod_mono Mono ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Directory index forbidden by rule:/var/www/html/

To be precise lemme tell you what behaviour am i facing.I have developed an ASP.NET application using C# and i want to run it on RHL 9.0/Apache2.0 using mod_mono Mono 1.0.I have installed everything successfully(i guess so) from Daniel's notes step by step.Now if i run the same application under windows/IIS it runs PERFECT absolutely but when i run it under RHL 9.0/Apache 2.0/mod_mono/Mono 1.0, i get the weird behaviour.It run fine for some time...but after some time it seems that the connection to the server is lost if the application is left idle(probably 30 minutes).It starts giving the SERVER ERROR HTTP 500 for this particular application.If i try accessing the other directory under root i.e /mrtg that also works fine but the problem is with this particular application only which use C# with mono run time.In order to fix that problem i need to restart the linux box and everything starts running perfectly.I dont know what the problem lies in and how to fix that up. I am using Session variables. I haven't checked the cookie settings on my Windows and redhat box, but I'd like to know and change any setting that can run my web app without crashing. Any help or useful links will be of great help.I have checked out the error_log file and it says that [client 10.6.10.19] Directory index forbidden by rule: /var/www/html/. If i reboot the linux box now it will start working perfectly without changing any permissions at all . btw the permission to the directory where i have placed my app is 777 and its chowned by apache and groupd is also apache.
    All the help will be highly appreciated.Somebody please help...to figure out this behaviour

Linux Newbie
    DO you also use apache? And did you install xsp server 1.1?
    Computers Are Like Air Conditioners... They\'re both useless with Windows open!