Find the answer to your Linux question:
While attempting to install Fedora Core 2 (I have already installed Core 1 without any problems) after inserting the first CD I get the screen " Loading ohci 1394 driver" ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fedora Core 2

While attempting to install Fedora Core 2 (I have already installed Core 1 without any problems) after inserting the first CD I get the screen " Loading ohci 1394 driver" after which it freezes and installation stops dead. The only alternative at that point is to reboot., and the same problem appears once more!

Help javascript:emoticon('')
    Confused

Linux Newbie
    I don't know why. It happens to me all the time. It usually took me 4~5 times to get the OS install sucessfully. You can try other distro though, I have never had trouble installing debian or slackware (however I don't use them much).

Linux Engineer
    the ohci is for firewire support?maybe a device attached to your system is incompatible so this makes trouble..
    Linux For Ever!

Just Joined!

1394 = Firewire

ohci is also for USB support but the 1394 driver is a Texas Instrument firewire adapter.
    Maybe you can try to remove/disable the device for now.
    Maybe later you can update the kernel to a newer version.

Just Joined!

fedora core 2

it asppears that the problem was caused by my LCD display as no firewire devies are attached to the system. It finally installed without problems. Many thanks for your help
    javascript:emoticon('')
    Very Happy