Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have recently downloaded a copy of red hat 9. i have a blank hard drive and i have been trying 2 install linux with little success, i have created ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Red Hat 9 Help

I have recently downloaded a copy of red hat 9. i have a blank hard drive and i have been trying 2 install linux with little success, i have created a boot floppy and have loaded the install screen, i have selected my country language etc BUT when it asks from which source im installing linux from i select CD-ROM Drive and it says no linux source avaible, i have tried booting straight from the CD but i get the same problem. my disks were downloaded in ISO's and so the files + folders are in the correct order. help plz, im truly stuck

Linux Engineer
    BUT when it asks from which source im installing linux from i select CD-ROM Drive and it says no linux source avaible,
    in the installation you get such a message?strange,i've never herd something like that..have you checked if the cd's are corrupted with md5sum?
    Linux For Ever!

I've had a similar problem before, i never figured out what it was, im assuming a error in the iso or burning, I downloaded again from a differnt mirror, and it worked. But I might suggest something newer the rh9, its a bit outdated, and I don't this its uptodate on its kernel. if you want something redhat for a partitucular reason, try fedora core 2.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

ahhhhhhh

thx a lot, u no where i can get feodora 2? cos its not on linuxiso.org