Find the answer to your Linux question:
Yo friends, this new fedora version is working out to be way better than SUSE was; I am glad my exile is over. Anyway, this new version seems not entirely ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

No Audio with VLC: FC9

Yo friends, this new fedora version is working out to be way better than SUSE was; I am glad my exile is over. Anyway, this new version seems not entirely to be without its glitches and i have come across one with vlc. It seems video-lan player with Fedora Core 9 has no audio bar, for that matter, it does not even have audio. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

I was thinking about getting mplayer, but the repository i have does not carry it, and i dont know of any good repositories. Do you think you could help me out here as well?

Other than that, no problems yet. I am glad I am moving away from newbishness now.

Thanx guys,

Euralis.
    Last edited by Euralis; 05-21-2008 at 05:56 AM. Reason: update

Just Joined!
    Never Mind Guys! It turns out that i just needed an update in one of the dependencies. Problem resolved thanks to Livna repository.

I think the Livna repository handles mplayer, If it doesn't add these lines to your /etc/yum.conf file. You can get the livna repository by typing
    Code:
    rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-9.rpm
    "If we lived in a world where the better technology won out, then no doubt everybody and their aunt Fanny would be using GNU/Linux"
    Sam Varghese