Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I'm working on openVPN. I need to use openVPN means building , installing openVPN on linux. Well, I have builded and installed openVPN on windows. Now, i need ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Whether NDIS is used by openVPN in case of linux ?

Hi all,

I'm working on openVPN. I need to use openVPN means building , installing openVPN on linux. Well, I have builded and installed openVPN on windows. Now, i need to do it on linux too.

I want to know like openVPN driver's code of tap-win32 uses NDIS API for registering and loading TAP driver and does lots more.

So, i want to know whether NDIS API is also used in linux also to load TAP interface in linux.
    I have builded and installed openVPN on linux also. And "ifconfig" command also shows "tap0" interface of openVPN on my system.

But here, i dont know whether NDIS API is used or not.
    I read on webpages about NDIS on linux. There, It is specified that NDIS is used on linux for installing windows wireless drivers on linux.

So, please help me to find out implementation of openVPN on linux regarding NDIS usage.

At last, i also want to confirm whether the driver's code of openVPN is same for windows and linux or not..

Please help.

Thanking you,
    Tarun.

Just Joined!

Whether NDIS is used by openVPN in case of linux ?

Hi,

I studied myself and found that openVPN doesn't use NDIS on linux.
    However, openVPN uses tun driver(already installed on linux as tum module with file tun.ko) in case of linux. It doesn't use NDIS APIs used for driver that was getting used in openVPN if its on windows.

Thanku all.

Tarun.

Linux Newbie
    Hello there:

I am currently working on getting openpvn working on linux. If you need a reference/guide, I do not know how to call it, then refer to the thread called
    routing using openvpn to a private network. I have been working with the help of vigour here.

So far, the only problem I am having is that I cannot access the office network from the boxes running the vpn.

Also, if you know how to set openvpn as a gateway for an office network and the boxes running behind the vpn, I would appreciate if you show me how.

Thanks.
    --Willie