Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
have you disabled the onboard sound card from the BIOS....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

have you disabled the onboard sound card from the BIOS.
    Linux and me it's a love story

Just Joined!
    Now, i installed VLC, but what a miracle?? now i can watch movie & hear pm3 with only and only VLC, but not with any other application like Xine, or any other players??? why is that ?

another problem, everytime i log in i have to change the output device from Pulse Audio Volume Control. can't i do it forever?/

another problem in the upper panel at the right corner it shows the controller is Volume Control: ICH5 (Alsa Mixer). but changed the output device from the controller to soundblaster....

Quote Originally Posted by aguntuk View Post
    Now, i installed VLC, but what a miracle?? now i can watch movie & hear pm3 with only and only VLC, but not with any other application like Xine, or any other players??? why is that ?
    it's a codec problem i think. vlc comes with all it needs to play sound bundled.

another problem, everytime i log in i have to change the output device from Pulse Audio Volume Control. can't i do it forever?/
    disable the onboard soundcard from the BIOS

another problem in the upper panel at the right corner it shows the controller is Volume Control: ICH5 (Alsa Mixer). but changed the output device from the controller to soundblaster....
    for this one im sorry but dont know what you mean

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    ok, thankx so far can you tell me how to install realplayer11gold?? i tried with yum but it failed

can i install codec fo rthose players?

Quote Originally Posted by aguntuk View Post
    can you tell me how to install realplayer11gold?? i tried with yum but it failed
    i checked if i could get the package from Livna but i could not find it. you can install it
    as follows
    1) you download RealPlayer11GOLD.rpm
    2) install it
    Code:
    su -
    rpm -ivh RealPlayer11GOLD.rpm
    can i install codec fo rthose players?
    for codecs check this out
    multimedia

Just Joined!
    hey,

i went to the webpage that you gave, i downloaded the fluendo mp3 decoder, but the problem is i couldn't install the plugins. i followed what they said in the step. but still having problem in installing the plugin

Just Joined!
    hey somehow i installed the plugin, now i can play everymedia through every player. but the poblem is, before installing plugin, i can play media file with real player, but now i don't get any sound from that player when i play any media file with that player. it run with rela player without sound. otherwise everything is ok now
    can u fix it?

hi,

sorry for replying late. we are moving one part of our company and this is deadly tiring.

for the realone player its not easy to know which codec did disturb the peace, so if i were you and i cared that much about realone player i would uninstall all the plugins(with yum its easy. you uninstall as you installed) and then reinstall them one at a time to see which is doing what.
    once you get to the culprit it will be easier to fix.

Just Joined!
    thankx for the advice

do u know abnout nvidia driver settings?

i installed nvidia driver through livna. But the problem is everytime i log out or shut down, the configuration automatically changes like resolution ..... Then everytime i have to change the resolution. can i fix it ??????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2