Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hey, anyone knows how to install sound card driver in fedora 9?? my sound card is Creative Soundblaster Live 5:1. I searched the driver for linux in their website, but ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

installing sound card driver in fedora 9

Hey,
    anyone knows how to install sound card driver in fedora 9?? my sound card is Creative Soundblaster Live 5:1. I searched the driver for linux in their website, but they did not release any driver for linux fo rmy xound crd. On the other hand, I am not getting any sound after installing fedora 9. Can anyone tell me about the problem??

It's better if there is installation process with yum........

check the alsa-matrix here to see if your card is supported and which driver you do need to make it work.
    Linux and me it's a love story

Just Joined!
    hey it's bit complicated, and entered the code but it's not working that much

did they say that your card is supported by ALSA?
    can you post the commands you ran and the output you got

Just Joined!
    I opened the Pulse Audio Volume Control. In the output devices tab i got 2 output devices 1. ALSA PCM on front:0 (Intel ICH5) via DMA and 2. ALSA PCM on front:1 (ADC Capture/Standard PCM Playback) via DMA. i desabled the first one. but now still i couldn't get any sound waiting for further instructions

Just Joined!
    I opened the Pulse Audio Volume Control. In the output devices tab i got 2 output devices 1. ALSA PCM on front:0 (Intel ICH5) via DMA and 2. ALSA PCM on front:1 (ADC Capture/Standard PCM Playback) via DMA. i desabled the first one. but now still i couldn't get any sound waiting for further instructions. i opened this after those codes that i wrote in the shell.

i dont know the code you run but did you check if your sound is not muted with
    Code:
    alsamixer
    here you have how to troubleshoot ALSA.

Just Joined!
    hey i heard the sounds when i browsed, it's the clicking sound of mouse. i also got sound when i logged out. but i couldn't get any sound of media file

do you mean that if you go to lets say youtube you can play sound , but if you try to open an mp3 file on your desktop it does not work?
    if its the case its highly likely a a codec problem.

Edit - and you can install vlc. it plays almost every format.
    you install it as follows

su -

yum -y install vlc

Just Joined!
    not like that, everytime i log on to OS i have to change my device output of the audio card, everytime it's default for built-in audio card, then i change it to my external sound card. After then, when i explore any folder ot anything like any application or folder, i hear the sound of the cliks (tick). but nothing more than that. i can't hear any mp3 or any dvd nothing more than the sound of the clicks.................strange problem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast