Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, i've put fedora core 5 on an old PC with a view to using it as a test for doing all linux based things with my development. however - ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

fedora core 5, internet woes ...

Hi,

i've put fedora core 5 on an old PC with a view to using it as a test for doing all linux based things with my development.

however - i've yet to get past the difficult task of setting up my internet connection. i guess it doesn't help that i'm using an x-micro USB (zd1201).

i'm pretty sure i have to install some firmware from somewhere in order to get this set up, however that is where i'm a bit stumped. firstly, on exactly what i need, and then how/where to install it and then what to do from there.

if anyone knows or has any ideas as to what the next step is, i'd really appreciate some help!

thanks,
    smithie

fedora core 5 is outdated, just because your machine is old doesn't mean you should use an outdated distro on it

check out this post
    http://www.linuxforums.com/forum/the...ware-2008.html

Just Joined!
    Hi,

the PC isn't really old in that sense of the word - a few years or so.
    i guess i should just get a later version then, and install that instead to save the hassle of trying to figure this out?

there will be better hardware support out of the box in a newer version of the distro, so I would try that first