Find the answer to your Linux question:
Please tell me how can I use nokia phones 6233 and 7610 with fedora 9 using data cable. Phone Manager is not detecting them....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Connecting nokia phone in fedora 9

Please tell me how can I use nokia phones 6233 and 7610 with fedora 9 using data cable. Phone Manager is not detecting them.

Linux Guru
    You should try the Gammu terminal program:
    Gammu:Main Page - Gammu.org Wiki

It should be available from the Fedora repositories, try installing it with YUM. There is also a frontend/GUI available for it called Wammu, but it is not as feature rich as Gammu. It too is available to install with YUM.

In my case, my phone was not part of the supported phones, in it's database. I followed the instructions here to add it:
    Gammu:Adding support for new models - Gammu.org Wiki

This required altering some source files, so I uninstalled the Fedora version and downloaded and compiled from source.

EDIT: I just check my source file, and it looks as if the 6233 has native support. The 7610 could be added if you know the Nokia "family" of phones that it is part of.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    Try to understand how to use it but not able to do anything.
    Can you please tell how can I copy a file from PC to Nokia 7610 step by step?

Linux Guru
    I really don't know a lot about this program. For more info read through the man pages
    Code:
    man gammu
    Also, try the Wammu GUI for it.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.