Find the answer to your Linux question:
i install perl-5.6.2 with its source file by make install...but i want to uninstall that but its show error #make uninstall make: *** No rule to make target `uninstall'. Stop. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy make: *** No rule to make target `uninstall'. Stop.

i install perl-5.6.2 with its source file by make install...but i want to uninstall that but its show error #make uninstall
    make: *** No rule to make target `uninstall'. Stop.

wat can i do to uninstall this .......plz

Uninstalling the programs you've compiled yourself isn't as easy as uninstalling programs you've installed with a package manager, like rpm.

If you want to uninstall the software you've compiled yourself, do the obvious: do some old-fashioned RTFM'ig. Read the documentation that came with your software package and see if it says anything about uninstalling.

If you didn't delete your Makefile, you may be able to remove the program by doing a make uninstall. You have to navigate to the folder where you compiled package.
    Code:
    cd /path/of/package/folder
    make uninstall
    If you see weird text scrolling on your screen (but at this point you've probably got used to weird text filling the screen? that's a good sign. If make starts complaining at you, that's a bad sign. Then you'll have to remove the program files manually.

If you know where the program was installed, you'll have to manually delete the installed files or the directory where your program is. If you have no idea where all the files are, you'll have to read the Makefile and see where all the files got installed, and then delete them.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First