Find the answer to your Linux question:
G'day. I just did an online update of the kernel to the latest version of 2.6.25.11-73.fc9 a while ago. On reboot, my machine hangs at the word "GRUB". I tried ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

After online update FC9 is dead

G'day. I just did an online update of the kernel to the latest version of 2.6.25.11-73.fc9 a while ago. On reboot, my machine hangs at the word "GRUB". I tried a few times to reboot but the result was the same.
    Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by simke View Post
    G'day. I just did an online update of the kernel to the latest version of 2.6.25.11-73.fc9 a while ago. On reboot, my machine hangs at the word "GRUB". I tried a few times to reboot but the result was the same.
    Please help!
    I can't for the life of me figure out where you got that kernel version. At any rate, try booting with the install DVD and running rescue mode. Skip the part where it asks to start the network, choose defaults for everything else. When you get to the command prompt type grub-install /dev/sda (assuming you have only 1 hard disk). When the prompt returns type exit twice to reboot.
    Glenn