Find the answer to your Linux question:
Last night I attempted to install fedora 2 core. I am attempting to install on a Dell Inspiron 1150, with Intel Celeron 2.4ghz, 256mg ram, and a intel 82852 graphic ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can anyone help me on FC2 install on a laptop!!!!

Last night I attempted to install fedora 2 core. I am attempting to install on a Dell Inspiron 1150, with Intel Celeron 2.4ghz, 256mg ram, and a intel 82852 graphic controller. I had already resized my partition so I have 4gs free. On the primary partition I have windows xp install. So I put the 1st cd in and rebooted my system. When I get the how do I want to install (graphic or text) I select graphic and I start seeing all the text on my screen, after that I just get a green screen. I am pretty sure the screen is when it attempts to go into the graphical installation. Can any offer any help??

Linux User
    You might take a look here -
    http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/dell.html

I don't see the 1150 listed, but there are a bunch of tips on the 1100. And if the screen hardware didn't change too much there might be some help.

Linux Newbie
    In my experience, Red Hat's distro always has some problem with my Dell Inspiron 8000 (ATI M4 mobility) either when it is using XF86Config or xorg. When I use Debian or Slackware, I can just select the default driver r128 for it and work fine, but when I use Redhat 8, 9, FC1, FC2, I have to choose vesa or X server won't start. I suggest you can try to install it at text mode first, and then try to configure the video card later. Good luck!