Find the answer to your Linux question:
I don't see any way of running certain commands in Fedora. I cannot run 'lsusb' to see if my usb devices are detected. Also, I cannot use my printer. There ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Banned

commands, printers

I don't see any way of running certain commands in Fedora. I cannot run 'lsusb' to see if my usb devices are detected.

Also, I cannot use my printer. There is no utility for even installing a printer. I ran a command that allowed me to see that 'cups' is installed.

The fedora documentation doesn't cover this at all or it's not easy to find. I haven't found one manual or any instructions that cover any of this.

Edit: okay, that was hard but I found out how: /sbin/lsusb -> to get an output of usb hubs and usb devices

But, how to install a printer? My printer is detected and under 'default printer' there's nothing since no printer is installed. But, I don't see any utility for installing a printer although cups is installed.

oz
    forum.guy
    Easiest way to install a printer (in my opinion) is to open the web browser of your choice and enter localhost:631 into the location bar and install the printer from there.

If you have the proper files and drivers installed and CUPS is running, you should be able to pick your printer from the printers listing.
    oz

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    You can use system-config-printer to configure printers on Fedora or use the method described above.

Banned
    Hey, thanks for those methods! I solved it, though. I am using the KDE version and was having trouble finding it through the new KDE 4 menu. I did find it, finally. I used the Fedora menu -> Applications -> Administration -> Printing. I will have to try that method some time, though. Thanks for the tip.

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    I used the Fedora menu -> Applications -> Administration -> Printing
    That tool is actually system-config-printer.