Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey i have successfully installed ubuntu... everything is going on fine.... but the problem is that i want to try fedora simultaneously as soon as i boot it i cant ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

problems on installing fedora

hey i have successfully installed ubuntu...
    everything is going on fine....
    but the problem is that
    i want to try fedora simultaneously as soon as i boot it i cant login to ubuntu....
    i heard that u need to update the GRUB itseems do any one have an idea

Linux Guru
    Your post isn't clear, to me at least. Do you mean you have Ubuntu installed and working and then installed Fedora and are now unable to boot Ubuntu? If that's the case, you probably installed the Fedora version of Grub and don't have an entry for Ubuntu in your /boot/grub/grub.conf file which you will need to add manually. Fedora doesn't usually detect other Linux OS's.

Boot into Fedora and run the command: fdisk -l, this will show your partition setup. Then post contents of /boot/grub/grub.con.

Just Joined!
    exactly
    ubuntu installed.....
    then i installed Fedora....
    now i am unable to boot ubuntu......

Linux Guru
    If you haven't resolved the problem post the information I requested in my previous post:

Boot into Fedora and run the command: fdisk -l, this will show your partition setup. Then post contents of /boot/grub/grub.conf

We need to know your partition structure and contents of grub.conf to advise you.

Fedora is one of the exceptional distro which does not detect other installed Linux distros and one has to edit its GRUB manually.

Post the output of this
    Code:
    su -
    /sbin/fdisk -l
    df -h
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First