Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear all, i installed the mpich2 on fedora. Apparently the installation was successfull. However, when i tried to launch the mpd by executing the command "mpd &", i had the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy MPICH2 installation on fedora

Dear all,

i installed the mpich2 on fedora. Apparently the installation was successfull. However, when i tried to launch the mpd by executing the command "mpd &", i had the error message "mpd failed: gethostbyname_ex failed for hostname".

Following the suggestions of a collegue from this forum, who explained me that the problem was related to the networking configuration on the machine, i renamed the machine host name to localhost.localdomain. However, i'm still having the same problem. The error message now is "mpd failed: gethostbyname_ex failed for localhost.localdomain".

I performed the installation offline, without internet connection. Does anyone know if i have to be connected to install and launch the mpd? Do you have any other hint of what can be happenning?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot,
    Fernando.

Just Joined!

Same Problem

Did you figure out the way to make is run.

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello and welcome!

This thread is over 3 years old so I'm going to lock it down, but do feel free to start fresh threads of your own regarding any Linux issues that you are having.

Thank you.
    oz