Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have an old server and yes it's still running FC2. The reason I haven't upgraded is because it has some client code on there which has been working ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Anti Virus FC2 - Scan Server

Hi,

I have an old server and yes it's still running FC2. The reason I haven't upgraded is because it has some client code on there which has been working fine for years now with no complaints. The stuff on there is going through a re-write for a new f9 server, but this is still in dev and going to be there for a good few months.

Anyway I received an email today from the server company saying that they have had a report saying my server has been reported port scanning another on Aug 2. I have very little info apart from this on the detail. Now for the past 3 hours I have scanned the server, going through all the logs, and looking for any files created in the past 4 months. I have come up with nothing. The server can only be accessed by ssh and ftp through the firewall from one IP I designated some time ago. This shows no form of entry.

The only thing left for me to do is scan the server with an antivirus. Therefore can anyone suggest an antivirus which will run on fc2. Looking at clamav, I have heard that this is aimed for fc3 onwards?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

scm
    Linux Engineer
    Maybe the scanning is being done by someone spoofing your IP address?

Hi scm,

Yeah that has crossed my mind. If that is teh case though how can I prove it? Is it likely the server company records outbound traffic requests I can cross reference?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I have clamav on another server running fed 9. Does anyone know if it's possible to scan a system remotely so I can use the system running fed 9 to scan the system running fed 2?

Thanks