Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
The only thing not updated was a theme, and you dont have to capitalize Firefox like FireFox. And what is Yumex?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

The only thing not updated was a theme, and you dont have to capitalize Firefox like FireFox.
    And what is Yumex?

Do 'yum install yumex' and run it; it's a package manager application that works in GUI mode. It's pretty good, it sits over yum and lets you browse through the packages that are available in your chosen repositories.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by uppfinnarn View Post
    The only thing not updated was a theme, and you dont have to capitalize Firefox like FireFox.
    And what is Yumex?
    Yumex is Yum Extender; a gui for Yum package manager. Personally, my favorite package manager...gives you a nice centralized location for system updates, repositories etc.

Perhaps re-installing Firefox would help...the reason I say that is because after I updated Firefox (I downloaded Firefox directly from Mozilla and saved it to a local folder, instead of using Yumex to update it), I had two different versions of Firefox installed. The first time I ran the updated version, it did an automatic check to make sure all addons were compatible. Now, when I run the older version, it also does the compatibility check; which it never did before I installed the newer version.
    Basically, what I mean is that I don't think that the version of Firefox you're using is an issue; I think for whatever reason it just isn't getting configured properly to accept Adobe Flash Player, so the automatic compatibility check does the work for you...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    Hello and Welcome!

This page should answer a lot of questions you may have about getting all the extras going in Fedora.

Thanks - this worked great for me

Fedora already have a Package Manager, and i am having some trouble with overfilled Harddisks, so i dont think i need YumEX... And i have just tried to Reinstall Firefox(su -c "yum reinstall firefox") and it still not work... i need to use my moms computer to play games and watch youtube

This is wierd... it seems that it only works sometimes on special sites...
    Pokemon.com and Youtube works, and others dont...

The main thing I can think of that might be giving you problems would be some other plug-in or add-on. Perhaps a needed plug-in that you don't have yet... or something like Ad-Block blocking some web content.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

The only PlugIn's i have is the default, and some new themes...
    Which Plugs should i install?

Aside from the link from my previous post, found here, the only thing you should have to make sure of in that Java and JavaScript are enabled in the Content tab of Preferences.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Well, it seems to work now...
    Thanks for the help!
    (And jayd512, that penguin image looked nicer than that wheel...)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3