Find the answer to your Linux question:
I had a strange problem.Recently, I virtualized my RHEL 5 system by installing Fedora 8 as guest operating system. The installation went fine. But, after installation my internet connection stopped ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problems with internet connectivity, please help!

I had a strange problem.Recently, I virtualized my RHEL 5 system by installing Fedora 8 as guest operating system. The installation went fine. But, after installation my internet connection stopped working. Any suggestions?. I was on TataIndicom wireless USB modem. I haven't had any problems with internet connectivity before virtualizing. I use KPPP to connect to internet. when I see the detials of the connection, I could actually see bytes coming in but not going out.. I haven't modified any of the internet connectivity settings after virtualizing...

Quote Originally Posted by jagunix View Post
    I had a strange problem.Recently, I virtualized my RHEL 5 system by installing Fedora 8 as guest operating system. The installation went fine. But, after installation my internet connection stopped working. Any suggestions?. I was on TataIndicom wireless USB modem. I haven't had any problems with internet connectivity before virtualizing. I use KPPP to connect to internet. when I see the detials of the connection, I could actually see bytes coming in but not going out.. I haven't modified any of the internet connectivity settings after virtualizing...
    Hi jagunix,

You may need to check your firewall settings, on your virtual interfaces.

I hope this is of help.

Jnike