Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just installed Fedora 2, the instillation went smoothly, and i thought everything was good. (by the way i am trying to run a dual boot system with windows and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fedora 2

I just installed Fedora 2, the instillation went smoothly, and i thought everything was good. (by the way i am trying to run a dual boot system with windows and this version of linux.) Well anyway, the instillation went fine, so comes time i want to see if windows still can be accesed. No luck. I ran instiallation with Automatiic for partitioning, and only checked the one box(linux thingy can't think of it off the top of my mind.) So i installed thining that it won't hurt my windows. So what did i do delete windows, or how can i access it. Any help please.

Thanks

please open a command prompt and type
    Code:
    fdisk /dev/hda
    then press 'p' please post the output here.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!
    Sorry to sound so dumb, but you mean at start up right. Please bear with me(might have to call someone in that knows more then me )

I tried it at start up and it says error 27. Do not know if that is the proper place but am pretty sure. So what could be worng.

Thanks for the fast respnose the first time.

no i mean, when you are in the linux system, open uip a terminal program, look for anyprogram with the word 'term' in it
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Linux Newbie
    Hi

I am new to Linux myself and am currently running FC2 and Suse 9 Pro on my laptop and desktop respectively.

There is a known dual boot issue between XP and FC2. However there appears to be a cure. I cannot vouvh for it as I have ditched windoze completely on the laptop and just run FC2.

A direct lift from Linux Format magazine states:

In a terminal:

Code:
     type su to become root then

sfdisk -d /dev/sda | egrep -v '(Warning|DOS)' | sfdisk --no-reread -H255 /dev/hda
    This should then cure the problem.

As I say, I have ditched windoze so I did not have this problem so use it at your own risk. It does however come from a reliable source, ie a respected Linux title.

Bubo [/quote]

Linux Newbie
    Forgot to say:

more information available at http://lwn.net/Articles/86835