Find the answer to your Linux question:
Im getting some wierd errors, I have fedora installed on a 16gb partition. It stops when installing a MPEG-1 and 3 encoder and when I goto add new software it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Out of drive space?

Im getting some wierd errors, I have fedora installed on a 16gb partition. It stops when installing a MPEG-1 and 3 encoder and when I goto add new software it can't pull up anything and I get the following error:
    Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
    Error Value: [Errno 28] No space left on device
    File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/search-group.py , line 21, in <module>
    backend.search_group(options,searchterms)
    File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py , line 228, in wrapper
    self._refresh_yum_cache()
    File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py , line 1546, in _refresh_yum_cache
    self.yumbase.repos.populateSack(mdtype='filelists' ,cacheonly=1)
    File : /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/repos.py , line 245, in populateSack
    sack.populate(repo, mdtype, callback, cacheonly)
    File : /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/yumRepo.py , line 161, in populate
    misc.bunzipFile(db_fn, db_un_fn)
    File : /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/misc.py , line 443, in bunzipFile
    destination.write(data)

uh ....... odd. real quick question, which fedora (what release number) ???

the other thing, is that as far as GUIs go, the one that comes stock with fedora for yum, is REALLY HORIBLE. Use a terminal (application, system tools, terminal) and type

$ su -
    password: <--enter root's password
    # yum -y install yumex

A bunch of stuff will fly by on the screen, once it's done, still as root, type

# yumex &

this gui is much better, and much more reliable. If the yum install command failed, post the display of that, it will be easier to help you.
    New to the internet, technical forums, or the hacker / open source community??
    Read this to learn good posting habits http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

RHCE for RHEL version 5
    RHCT for RHEL version 4

Just Joined!
    F9 installed from a image file from a live version off a usb drive

I looked at the properties of the partition from the windows side and theres less than a gig of used space?

I just tried to download a picture from email and it siad there was no disk space left, I clicked on properties on the drive from the computer and it can't determine the permissions, the size, anything?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    OH, i had a different error in mind last night when i posted my post .... ignore my previous comment, i was REALLY tired. I'm not entirely sure how the live distros work, so i can't realy help you with this one, sorry.
    New to the internet, technical forums, or the hacker / open source community??
    Read this to learn good posting habits http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

RHCE for RHEL version 5
    RHCT for RHEL version 4