Find the answer to your Linux question:
how do you write ths iso's from winxp based system, I have downloaded both the dvd and cd iso images, I keep getting the error message kernnel not found the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

writing iso's

how do you write ths iso's from winxp based system, I have downloaded both the dvd and cd iso images, I keep getting the error message kernnel not found
    the first disk is a dvd burned using nero ultra, second set are on cd's.
    with the cd's Ive only burned disc 1 and it will check for memory space.
    also can I do the md5sum on my system or do I need to be already running Linux.

please help I am inprisioned inside a ms environment, save me

Re: writing iso's

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Bombay
    how do you write ths iso's from winxp based system, I have downloaded both the dvd and cd iso images, I keep getting the error message kernnel not found
    the first disk is a dvd burned using nero ultra, second set are on cd's.
    with the cd's Ive only burned disc 1 and it will check for memory space.
    also can I do the md5sum on my system or do I need to be already running Linux.

please help I am inprisioned inside a ms environment, save me
    I'm confused. Are you trying to burn ISO images in Linux or MS Windows?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    in ms

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    The first thing I do when burning ISOs in MS Windows, before I burn them, is check the MD5Sums. This program is built into Linux but there are MS Windows programs that do it. There's a GUI tool available here:

http://www.toast442.org/gl/public_ht...20828141406760

Also, once I've determined that the ISOs are valid, I do not burn them using a commercial CD-burning app. Instead I download a MS Windows XP add-on utility called ISO Recorder Power Toy. It can be downloaded from here (provided you have XP):

http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/I...r/download.asp

This allows you to right-click on an ISO on your desktop and use the "Burn Image to CD" option to burn ISOs within MS Windows.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!

writing iso's

okay did like you said, but I'm still having the same problem.
    this is what happerns: screen comes up gives two choice's graphical mode or text, I try both and get this result: vmlinuz then initrd.img tthen it reboots back to the same screen. help

Linux Enthusiast
    I used Roxio's burner because I was too lazy to use anything else at the time, and it worked fine.
    I'm not sure what the problem with the installer is though...
    I would check your BIOS and see if any settings need adjustments.

Just Joined!

writing iso's

which setting's would they be, the reason I ask is because two nights ago we were loading redhat9(I'm taking a class called linux+) and I was having problems but I switched drives when I got home and it loaded right up. since then I in advertently formated the install by mistake so now I'm once again trying to install fc2. one of the problems I was having at school was' I purchased a new wd36 raptor sata drive to in stall it on but my instructor said that RH9 was not compatible with the drive, is that the same for fc2? no matter I have a clean WD120 caviar to install to if I can just get it figured out. one more question? can fc2 be install to drive's configured in a raid0 array. the reason I'm asking is I now have two of the raptors and I have them setup in a raid0 array. please help

Linux Enthusiast
    I don't think FC2 works with SATA drives yet,
    but since I don't have any to test that, I can't
    be certain.

Just Joined!
    I don't know much about SATA but I'm using linux on RAID0 for this you have to have the driver disk (floppy) provided by your RAID controller manufacturer.(try the web site). You need to type linux expert at the boot: prompt. See the documentation that comes with the drivers(if you can find them on the website) for clear instructions.