Find the answer to your Linux question:
My Wireless card works good but doesn't get a strong signal on Fedora Core 9. However, the same wireless card gets a better signal on Windows XP. I am have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Weak Wireless Signal

My Wireless card works good but doesn't get a strong signal on Fedora Core 9. However, the same wireless card gets a better signal on Windows XP.

I am have a dual boot option on my laptop.

I guess that probably comes down to how well the drivers are working. To see whether there's anything we can recommend, we'll need to know more about your wireless card. Usually the easiest thing to do is to open a terminal and run lspci, then post the output here.

Giles
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are powerless. Our greatest fear is Microsoft"
    Registered linux user #391027

Just Joined!

windsurfer maybe??

well aside from your problem which is probably driver related... you can try one of
    many modifications to the router and your wireless adapter (except integrated wireless) one easy one that i have used is the wind surfer antenna you can get the template for it by search "windsurfer antenna" in google and you print it out cut along the lines glue foil on it attach it to the antenna on the router and wireless adapter (if you have one) and get a considerable increase in range (very directional though) just make sure your windsurfer's concave side is facing the direction your trying to increase range to....

thats all i can give with the information given lol