Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I recently installed Enterprise Linux 5 on a Compaq DL360. Every night at 8PM, the system boots up by itself. I cannot find anything in the system messages or ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

New Enterprise Linux 5 Install Boots on its own...

Hello,

I recently installed Enterprise Linux 5 on a Compaq DL360. Every night at 8PM, the system boots up by itself. I cannot find anything in the system messages or log files to indicate why. I haven't found anything online to indicate the reason and I found no scheduled jobs in Cron which would cause it.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? I thought it was potentially a BIOS setting, but the BIOS is not available without a quickstart CD. I also didn't have this issue previously when it was installed as a Win2k3 server.

Thanks in Advance!!
    ~Higgies

Linux Guru
    In the past year, this is the only other instance I have heard of something like this => Link

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the reply. Too bad there's no resolution! I guess keeping it unplugged afteruse during the day is my only solution for now.
    Thanks!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    Too bad there's no resolution! I guess keeping it unplugged afteruse during the day is my only solution for now.
    What!?

You have a Compaq server - that issue was with a Dell and couldn't be reproduced on another server of the same hardware.

What has convinced you "there is no resolution?" It is a *similar* question, and that thread has a myriad of troubleshooting steps. I suggest taking some before declaring "there is no resolution."