Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all! I have a problem that I can't figure out. When I shut down and restart my computer Amarok (the music player) always starts when I get into GNOME. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Boot Up Program Mystery

Hello all!

I have a problem that I can't figure out. When I shut down and restart my computer Amarok (the music player) always starts when I get into GNOME. I am running Fedora 9 with GNOME. I have already checked in System -> Preferences -> Personal -> Sessions and it is definitely not there. I have some programs in there that I do want to load on boot up, and they are behaving as expected (ie: they load when I put them in there, they don't when I take them out). Amarok is not in there and I'm not sure where else to look.

Since I installed this just last week I have spent a considerable amount of time playing around with just about everything and I have a feeling that in some of my tinkering I must have added it to some boot up list. I couldn't tell you all of the things I've done playing around with settings on this system, but I have spent time in XFCE, KDE, and GNOME. In those different desktop environments I have added and removed programs to their respective boot up lists. Is it possible that I added Amarok to a start up list in XFCE or KDE and it is still being loaded into GNOME? I have a very limited understanding of what happens during boot up, but I would like to learn what happens on boot up so I can find the culprit for this little annoyance and find out what I did to cause it.

Any ideas? If you need any more information about my system please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

Just Joined!
    I figured it out! The answer was in GNOME sessions. I was able to go to System -> Preferences -> Personal -> Sessions and remove Amarok from starting up.

This thread helped: nautilus window opens whenever i login - Ubuntu Forums