Find the answer to your Linux question:
I recently installed Redhat Linux 9 and I have Windows XP on another partition. Apparently, during installation, I configured GRUB incorrectly and now, when the GRUB menu comes up during ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

GRUB configuration

I recently installed Redhat Linux 9 and I have Windows XP on another partition. Apparently, during installation, I configured GRUB incorrectly and now, when the GRUB menu comes up during boot up, it gives me two choices - Linux and DOS. When I choose DOS, instead of booting to Windows XP, it boots up my D: drive, which is the Hewlett Packard recovery drive. I just need to know how to configure GRUB to boot up Windows XP (on the C: drive) instead. I need full instructions, as I am new to Linux and don't know much about it yet. Thanks for any help.

Linux Guru
    To answer this definitively depends on your GRUB configuration and the arrangement of your drives. Since Windows confuses partitions and drives, it's not clear whether you have more than one drive, or just one with three or more partitions. It's important to know which drive you boot to, which drive has Linux and which drive has Windows? If possible, post your GRUB configuration file, /boot/grub/grub.conf

Otherwise, taking a guess at what you have, try the following:
    boot, and when the GRUB screen comes up, select DOS and press e for edit
    Follow the instructions on the screen, and in each case that you see (hd1,x), change it to (hd0,x). When done with editing, like it says, press b to boot and cross fingers.

This assumes Windows was installed before Linux and in the usual manner. Changes will not be permanent, only for this login. Worse that can happen (I think) is it won't boot, but you'll be smarter.
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better

Just Joined!
    Hi,

for this you have to give the correct disk information in /etc/grub/grub.conf

Regards
    Bittu.k.k

Read here

This will help you a lot.

---[ MS09-99896 - Vulnerability in All MS Windows OS ; Using Windows Could Allow Remote Code Execution. ]---
    Hardware: Asus P4P800, 1GB, P4-3Ghz, Asus V9950, Maxtor ATA HD\'s, 3Com GBit lan, Audigy ZS Plat.

Just Joined!
    I've got it figured out now, thanks a lot.