Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All I'm a struggling Linux newbie that needs some help. I've got a Lenovo T61p notebook. It has an Ultrabay (where the dvd-rom is) that can be removed and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unable to access resume device (/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01)

Hi All

I'm a struggling Linux newbie that needs some help.

I've got a Lenovo T61p notebook. It has an Ultrabay (where the dvd-rom is) that can be removed and replaced with a SATA ultra bay adapter.

I installed Fedora 9 on a separate HDD, but because I need the dvd-rom, I had to have the HDD in my primary HDD bay with the dvd-rom in the ultrabay. Once the installation was completed I removed the dvd-rom and placed the Linux HDDin the ultrabay. Now when I try to boot from that HDD by making it the boot device in the BIOS, I get the following error messages:
    Unable to access resume device (/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01)
    mount: could not find filesystem '/dev/root'

I've read a few posts stating that you have to boot from the Fedora DVD and run some grub steps. This would not solve my problem, because I cannot use the dvd-rom when the Linux HDD is in the ultrabay lot.

My end goal was to have my Vista HDD in the main bay and the Linux HDD in the ultrabay. This way I can choose where to boot from by changing the BIOS boot device.

Any help welcome

Just Joined!
    Anybody?? I'm really dead in the water here.

I've played around by editing the grub config files, but still with no success.