Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok, i'm on my linux box, and i can see the computer i want to access on the network, but when i try to open it, it says i don't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Seeing Win2k Computers on the network?

ok, i'm on my linux box, and i can see the computer i want to access on the network, but when i try to open it, it says i don't have permission to, i know the password to the computer, but how do i get it to the point where i can sign into it from linux?

and while i'm asking, when i installed fedora core 2, it said it had xmms on it, but i don't think it was installed all the way or something because when i click on what i think is it, it says i"There is no installed viewer capable of displaying the document" so how do i fix this problem? help would be much appreciated.

Just Joined!
    i am not sure about the network thing. i can see my winxp computers on my home network and i can send and retrieve files from them, but they cant see me and i have yet to figure that one out. as far as XMMS, all you have do is tiype xmms in lowercase letters in the terminal. that works for me. in order to play your mp3 files though, you need another rpm.