Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm quite a newb with linux, and just installed Redhat proffessional WS 3.0 Everythign was working great....until i accidentally completely uninstaleld the hardware profile for my network card. I have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Accidentally removed ethernet card profile.....

I'm quite a newb with linux, and just installed Redhat proffessional WS 3.0 Everythign was working great....until i accidentally completely uninstaleld the hardware profile for my network card. I have no idea how to re-install hardware in linux, so if somebody could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Just Joined!
    im new to linux also but i had the same problem. i had redhat 8 and now i use FC2, but if your distro works the same as mine then your looking for the file 'hwconf' im not sure esactly where its at. probably somewhere in /usr/bin or /usr/X11 .use "mcedit hwconf" or gedit if you so choose to open the file. you want to scroll down untill you see the section in devices for network. it will list your ethernet card.as root, just delete that entire section for network and save the file, then reboot. kudzu should detect it and allow you to set it back up and everything should be dandy.