Find the answer to your Linux question:
I had just downloaded the rpm file from the web with my windows pc,burn it on a cd,and copy the rpm file into a folder named "My Document" in my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Trouble installing wine on Fedora Core 2

I had just downloaded the rpm file from the web with my windows pc,burn it on a cd,and copy the rpm file into a folder named "My Document" in my linux pc,but i don't know what to do next. Please help me.

To install the rpm you can do 2 things.

Use the GUI interface and open an 'explorer' and right click on it and select open with other -> File installer.
    It should ask for a superuser password.

Or open a terminal session
    Switch to superuser (root) (with su -) (don't forget the minus sign)
    type:
    Code:
    rpm -Uvh <Package.rpm>  &#40;if it's in your home dir it would look like&#58; /home/myhomedir/package.rpm&#41;
    rpm -i = install
    rpm -U = Upgrade.
    Why use -U : If an existing version of Wine is allready installed this will UPGRADE your existing installation.
    Otherwise you might end up with 2 versions of wine, and you have to figure it out how to start the newest or older version.

For more details check the tutorial section, it has an entry to the ultimate rpm guide.

---[ MS09-99896 - Vulnerability in All MS Windows OS ; Using Windows Could Allow Remote Code Execution. ]---
    Hardware: Asus P4P800, 1GB, P4-3Ghz, Asus V9950, Maxtor ATA HD\'s, 3Com GBit lan, Audigy ZS Plat.