Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys, I have been struggling with this issue for about 3 days now. Any help is greatly appreciated... Here is my issue: 1. I have my Linux Redhat 4.2 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

running xclock from WinServer to Linux server.

Hi guys,

I have been struggling with this issue for about 3 days now. Any help is greatly appreciated...

Here is my issue:

1. I have my Linux Redhat 4.2 running on "mylinuxserver" with the ip of "192.168.1.103".
    2. I am trying to install my application on my linux server from the Windows server("mywinserer" + "192.168.1.102") via putty. I supposed the see the screen of the application which I am trying to install. But no luck.

--I have putty running on my winserver with X11 forwarding enabled.
    --In linux, when I run the command "xclock &" I get, Error:Can't open display: Localhost:0.0
    --In linux, when I run the command "$DISPLAY" I get, localhost:0.0
    --I checked the "sshd_config" and I have the following and it seems to be correct.
    >>>X11Forwarding yes, x11userlocalhost yes.

I ran out of ideas. Any thing I need to check on the linux side.

Please let me know and thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Ramesh

Just Joined!
    I have been having xclock problems as well, I think mine is caused by the fact im Remote into a windows box jumping into a RH5 box using SSH and the firewall somewhere is choking me out... Are you the same Ramesh that made the Guide on "Linux Hacks"? If so... nice paper I found lots of usefull things from it i didn't know.

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello and welcome!

This thread is approaching 4 years old so I'm going to close it, but please feel free to start fresh threads of your own if you are having any problem with LInux.

Thank you.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close