Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just downloaded the linux driver for my broadcom NIC, and installed it from the .tar file with no errors. Now when I try to activate the ethernet connection, I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

What is SIOCSIFFLAGS and why does it give this error??

I just downloaded the linux driver for my broadcom NIC, and installed it from the .tar file with no errors. Now when I try to activate the ethernet connection, I get the following error:

Code:
    Determining IP information for eth0:1...SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot assign requested address
    SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot assign requested address
     failed.
    I have the internet connection set to use DHCP, and am on a LAN. Prior to the driver update, I simply got an error that the device was not present, so this seems to be an improvement! Any help is much appreciated.
    N3WO

There are 10 types of people; those who count in binary and those who don\'t...

Just Joined!
    Does your lan have a DHCP server running? Because, generally in a lan, ip addresses are assigned statically...check

Linux Newbie
    it's a school network, and yes it has a DHCP server running. I can access the net fine in Windoze, using DHCP
    N3WO

There are 10 types of people; those who count in binary and those who don\'t...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close