Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
This morning, i just bought fresh new 3.5'' 1.44 mb high density compusa brand floppy disks, tested it without the format and then formatted and used rawwrite. I checked and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

This morning, i just bought fresh new 3.5'' 1.44 mb high density compusa brand floppy disks, tested it without the format and then formatted and used rawwrite. I checked and i am using cd#1, and no insults taken! im happy that people are helping me so quickly at this site!

thanks a lot guys much appreciated!

maybe your install cd is corrupted. do you have a cd burner? cos if you do you can download and burn the install cd iso images from
    the Fedora Website
    -lakerdonald

Just Joined!
    I tried verifying if the cd is corrupted, but it works fine on my friends computer. it can go through the entire installation process with ease. Its just my computer that causes complications.

I can probably have my friend burn all that stuff, but will i need to boot up using the cd? because i think i will find problems there.

Are there any alternative routes i can take?

thanks a lot,

munexmasa

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    well... hmm
    i guess what you could do is when it says insert another disk and press any key just press any key without inserting a disk. that will sometimes work for me and i'll watch it as each time i press any key it gets progressively further and further until it finally works. now i'm just guessing but its worth a try
    -lakerdonald

Linux Newbie
    This is partly a question for lakerdonald, and partly a suggestion for munexmasa. Can you take your harddrive, and add it as a slave to your friend's computer. Then install linux onto your harddrive using his CDrom drive and other hardware. Will this cause problems wit hthe configuration when the harddisk is put into munexmasa's computer? If not, it's worth a try. If so, sorry for the silly suggestion!

ps. Does your CD drive work for anything under Win2K? Will it read discs?
    N3WO

There are 10 types of people; those who count in binary and those who don\'t...

i'd kiss you but it would make a scene! lol that's a great idea. i can't see anything wrong with it, but i'll just say proceed at your own risk (i'm fourteen! i have no assets! please don't sue!) cos i don't wanna take *too* much responsibility if you blow up your computer or something lol. i think its worth a try.
    -lakerdonald
    p.s damn! why couldn't i have thought of that n3wo

Linux Newbie
    well, I'm 16, so don't sue me either Make sure you put linux on your harddisk and not on your friend's, or he'll probably kill you! IF they are different sizes , this should be easy. Otherwise, it's a little difficult, and I'm not sure how to do it! Welcome to the wonderful world of linux; Enjoy!
    N3WO

There are 10 types of people; those who count in binary and those who don\'t...

Just Joined!
    That sounds like a pretty bold plan! I don't know much about the configuration but it sounds like a pain in the butt. it could take my computer down for a little while also, unless the installation goes perfectly as planned.

and yes, my cd drive does work, itll read everything. my comp just won't boot from the cdrom is all.

I'm really hoping if theres anything i can do from my boot disk problem. i tried several floppy disks (two of which were brand new). i dont know what else to do besides those and what you just suggested.

Just Joined!

Fresh Install for a New comer

Please I would appreciate it you can shed light how to do fresh install as a Starter.

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2