I am running Fedora Core 2 on machine A(IP=10.0.0.12);
I am running Windows XP SP2 on machine B(IP=10.0.0.16; NAME=Phoenix);
I can connect to the share(s) of my linux machine from windows machine B, am able to view the entire filesystem of my linux machine A.
I also have other windows machines and they can view the shares of my windows machine B.
My problem is that i cannot access the shares of my windows machine B, from my linux machine A.
When i click to open 'Network Servers' the box(window) comes up and has an icon for 'Windows Network', when i click on that icon, it opens another box(window), but there is nothing in it...??
Now when i try to mount a share of my windows machine B from the command line in Linux; here is what i type:
'mount -t smbfs -o username=Phoenix\slink,password=******* "//Phoenix/sata3c" /mnt/sata3C'
this then comes up with the following error:
'Error connecting to 10.0.0.16 (Connection refused)
3573: Connection to Phoenix failed
SMB connection failed'

the number in the above error message changes each time i execute that command.

I have firewall software on my windows machine B, and i have set it to allow any traffic from my ethernet(LAN) card, it still refuses the connection from my linux machine A. I have tried dissabling all firewall software on my windows machine A, but still it doesnt allow connection from linux.

Its wierd because all my other windows machines on my network can connect to windows machine B..??

Any ideas , please reply, or e-mail me..
Thanks, tIm(phoix)