Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
hello, I have download a copy of red hat 6.2 iso image and burn into a disc. But when i run the installation, i got error msg that say "please ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

installing red hat 6.2

hello,
    I have download a copy of red hat 6.2 iso image and burn into a disc. But when i run the installation, i got error msg that say "please insert red hat linux cd". Can anyone tell what is wrong?also i didn't sure that i had burn the iso image correctly. Please tell me the right way.TQ

oz
    forum.guy
    Red Hat 6.2 was released almost 9 years ago, so I'd highly recommend using a later version if you want good hardware detection/support.

You can check the following HowTo for making sure you properly download the ISO files and burn them to disk as images:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ins...ll-cd-dvd.html
    oz

Just Joined!
    thanks for ur reply....
    for ur information i use a system with intel pentium-II processor. So, can i install the latest version for this system?Will they work properly?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    You can find system requirements for CentOS 5, here:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.2

Those requirements should hold true for Red Hat Enterprise Linux as well, since CentOS is the basically the same system, but without the Red Hat logos and the paid support channel.
    oz

Just Joined!
    the centOS need a subcription isn't? Is there any free version that can i use?

oz
    forum.guy
    You can find lots of information about most Linux distributions, including whether or not they are available free of charge, at DistroWatch.com, but yes, the majority of Linux distributions are available for free as a downloadable ISO images.
    oz

Just Joined!
    so can u give me any suggestion on which distribution and the version should i install on my intel pentium-II processor?

oz
    forum.guy
    It's generally best to experiment a bit with Linux to decide for yourself what distribution works best with your computer hardware, and what best suits your personal tastes in a Linux distribution. You can check the link in my signature for some information to help you get started, and there are a couple of quizzes there that might help you to pick your first distribution, or two.

Hope it goes well and you have lots of fun with it.
    oz

Just Joined!
    TQ very much on ur information.see you.

centos is free, red hat enterprise linux requires a subscription

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast