Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Help critical temperature

Is there any way of changing the critical shut down temperture or turn it off and have the motherboard tell its getting hot?

if it has an option to check your temps, then i would suggest getting software to read it so you can see it(if you dont have it already), i use gkrellm . If its getting that hot then either the threshold is set too low, or it really is getting that hot. I would assume there are settings for that in your BIOS

its set low. I know in my bios it is set diffrent (higher) than whats is shutting down at.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Now its doing it at a lower temperture. It was doing it at 60 now its doing it at 57.

well what did you change? (ew 57? try and cool your system off better. mine rarely if ever rises above 53, and normaly stays at around 45-47)

I did not change anything and Im working on coolling my computer i am planning on buying a better heatsink.

might i suggest a thermaltake volcano 12? thats what i have and it cools awesome, its a little noisey, but it has a variable fan speed(two speed pots and a temp sensor on your cpu)

well is there a way to change the temperture when the computer shuts down.
    Dont tell me the bios thats set for 85c

to be honest, aside from the bios, or a seperate program that you most likely had to install, ive never heard of that happening unless it gets EXTREAMLY overheated, like 85C