Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've finally decided to venture into the world of linux, I've got Fedora core 2 installed on my laptop but I am having trouble configuring it to connect to the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

configuring fedora for cable internet

I've finally decided to venture into the world of linux, I've got Fedora core 2 installed on my laptop but I am having trouble configuring it to connect to the internet. My laptop has a built in network card and a wireless one. First I would like to get it working with the non wireless card, then eventually try and get the wireless one going, but that one will be a challenge in itself for me since it appears that there are no drivers installed for it.(that will be my next post : P ) OK, back to the problem, my connection goes through my router, a linksys 4 port and wireless router, then to my cable modem. I ran the internet configuration wizard and and set everything up and my card even gets assigned an IP address, but when I try to connect to any webpages I get an error that they can not be found. But if I go to a terminal window and type ping loopback everything seems fine. When I type ping [insert url] it just says unknown host [insert url]. And if I ping my router it all seems fine. So to me it would seem like a problem with my router. But I have no idea what i might need to change or check. Thanks for any advice you can give

Just Joined!
    Well I figured it out on my own.