Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys. I'm new here. I don't know too much about Linux or Fedora. I installed Fedora because I had to format my mom's hard drive. She has a beater ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

flash, firefox (re)install problem

Hi guys. I'm new here. I don't know too much about Linux or Fedora.

I installed Fedora because I had to format my mom's hard drive. She has a beater of a computer which she uses to watch TV shows from the old world. Anyways, I installed Fedora because my windows disc wasn't working anymore. It went fine until...

I came home a week ago and began to install things that Fedora was telling me had not yet been installed (updates of sorts). This drained my patience, however, and I cancelled it after some time. It's a slow computer.

Anyways, after doing so, Firefox stopped working. I downloaded it on my friend's macbook and reinstalled it. It works. I go back to school and get a call from Mom saying that Flash does not work, which is terrible, because it's used for the main reason she gets on the computer.

I guided her through the Flash installation over the phone, but Fedora told her that Flash is already installed. The videos still don't work, however.

HELP!

This is the small amount of enjoyment my mom gets out of life (dramatic, I know), and I would like to help her get it back. If you have any ideas as to what I can do from home (I'm running windows xp myself), I'd like to hear them. And if you know anything about tuning up an 85 Volvo 240, I'd like to speak with you too.

Thanks a lot.

Hello and Welcome to Linuxforums. I would try this, in a terminal window as root.
    Code:
    yum install flash-plugin libflashsupport
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.