Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi everyone We have 4 independent lan systems connected to a server.there is no direct connection between any of the lans.all users have access to server ,each one with own ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

how to do direct file transfer through ssh

hi everyone

We have 4 independent lan systems connected to a server.there is no direct connection between any of the lans.all users have access to server ,each one with own username and password through ssh.

For sharing files one has to upload them to server then another copies them down.
    is there any method so that we can directly send files without having to save them on server thus saving disk usage.
    plz help.

try using scp secure copy
    format goes like this
    scp -r login@hostname:LocationofFileOnRemotePC LocationOfFileOnCurrentSystem
    hope it will works
    in case of any query please let us know
    Linux is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genious to understand the simplicaity - Dennis Ritchie

Just Joined!
    thanks for your suggestion but let me be clear about my situation
    we have independent lan systems i.e. they are entirely separate.
    all users have there username and password for a linux server which is accessible from all lans.
    i m looking for the functionality like ip messenger on lan so that we can send message our files from one lan to another via server through ssh .

i thought of doing this through ssh tunneling but i m not sure how to begin with.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close