Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all, I am a newbie, but I just installed fedora 10 on an older dell system for my son. I just tried to install a belkin usb g adapter. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fedora 10 and usb wireless

Hello all,

I am a newbie, but I just installed fedora 10 on an older dell system for my son. I just tried to install a belkin usb g adapter. When I inserted the disk, it wouldn't auto run. So I just opened the file and clicked the setup.exe.

It starts reading, but then says there is "an error in the"...(I cannot read the rest).

Just wondering, if I went and got something compatable for MAC would it run better, or is there a way I can get this to go without having to become a programmer?

Thanks in advance,

-Steve

Start here: http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/wir...tart-here.html

Then read this: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Sw...0and%20Windows

It's for Ubuntu, but the concepts are applicable to any distro.

Linux Guru
    You were trying to run a Windows program in Linux. Although some programs can be made to work in Linux, device drivers will not.

Read the first link that reed9 posted, and then supply the info that it tells how to find. It could be a simple configuration is needed, but we can't tell without the info.

You also could just try something first. You would use the NetworkManager program to connect to wireless networks. It can be accessed using the icon in the taskbar. It is usually next to the Date/Time. Left click to see available options (if the wireless is working).
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!

fedora10 wifi

Hi guys, thanks for the responses, sorry but I am in the middle of a split double. I will read the links supplied and get back with some more info as soon as I can. I didn't want anyone to think I didn't appreciate the help.

I did however become frustrated and took back the belken adapter that I had. I will look for something else and hopefully get it going. This may be a few days since my work hours are killing me right now.