Find the answer to your Linux question:
Code: [m@localhost Bin]$ wine "/mnt/software/Microsoft Visual Studio/Common/MSDev98/Bin/msdev.exe" err:module:import_dll Library MFC42.DLL (which is needed by L"Z:\mnt\software\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MSDev98\Bin\msdev.exe") not found err:module:import_dll Library MFC42.DLL (which is needed by L"Z:\mnt\software\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MSDev98\Bin\devshl.dll") not ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to import lib to wine???

Code:
    [m@localhost Bin]$ wine "/mnt/software/Microsoft Visual Studio/Common/MSDev98/Bin/msdev.exe"
    err:module:import_dll Library MFC42.DLL (which is needed by L"Z:\\mnt\\software\\Microsoft Visual Studio\\Common\\MSDev98\\Bin\\msdev.exe") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MFC42.DLL (which is needed by L"Z:\\mnt\\software\\Microsoft Visual Studio\\Common\\MSDev98\\Bin\\devshl.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library devshl.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\mnt\\software\\Microsoft Visual Studio\\Common\\MSDev98\\Bin\\msdev.exe") not found
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\mnt\\software\\Microsoft Visual Studio\\Common\\MSDev98\\Bin\\msdev.exe" failed, status c0000135
    [m@localhost Bin]$
    what can I do????

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    It looks like you are trying to run MS Visual Studio under Wine? I can't say that I recommend that approach. It would be a lot better to run Windows itself in a virtual machine (VirtualBox, Parallels, VMware) and install/run Visual Studio there. You'll be a LOT happier.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Linux User
    The wine project (or crossover for that matter) will give you a list of compatible apps that run under wine. I don't think visual studio is one of them.
    In my experience of web development, visual studio only produces pages and code that is compatible with M$ apps and internet explorer. I hard coded all of mine and just used it as a great programming text editor.
    As a netork admin/database admin, microsoft have never realised that a database server is similar to any other server and the admin user has exclusive rights to everything. This means that if you use visual studio in a database development, it can't run as a database user, but needs to be run as sa (and preferably with a blank password!)
    What sane person gives a developer access to all his database infe, with rights to change whatever he likes? (M$ does!)
    Perhaps that's why all the viruses and hacks are on M$ appliances.
    Very seldom is a *nix system hacked.