Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Yeah, 'cause a bunch of people have told me that it's easier to re-configure (you don't have to run it once before changes take effect) I think that the problem ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Yeah, 'cause a bunch of people have told me that it's easier to re-configure (you don't have to run it once before changes take effect)

I think that the problem was that I used Partition Magic to move some partitions aroung, so the boot sector got confused about where to find partitions and files, etc. The advantage to linux putting all of ur persona lfiles into the home directory is that backing stuff is really easy! All my personal files fit onto one CD (I've only had this installation up for a few weeks) and there was no chance of my own documents being in some other folder (let's hear it for strict permissions!!!)

Thanks again for all ur support, I almost had a heart attack yesterday!
    N3WO

There are 10 types of people; those who count in binary and those who don\'t...

i've locked myself out many times. lol
    that's why i always carry around my memory stick and i have a bunch of empty zip disks lying around

Linux Newbie
    Yeah, I got knoppix a day before this happened, so luckily I had access to a "recovery" cd that can burn backups! Knoppix Rules!!!!!
    And so does the fact that linux doesn't have to overwrite the whole drive and kill the other resident os in the process of re-installing (unlike another common os...)
    N3WO

yes. that is convenient.
    wow, this thread really boosted your post count up. lol

Linux Newbie
    At the risk of boosting it further, I'm gonna say "Yes, it did."
    N3WO

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3