Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Guys, I wanted to view a video in this link. codeigniter.com/tutorials/watch/intro/ but it says i need MPEG 4 AAC decoder and h. 264 decoder to see the video. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

MPEG 4 AAC decoder and h. 264 decoder

Hello Guys,

I wanted to view a video in this link. codeigniter.com/tutorials/watch/intro/

but it says i need MPEG 4 AAC decoder and h. 264 decoder to see the video.

I installed (i think...) MPEG 4 AAC as per the instructions from this site. --> linux.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/FAAC-554.shtml

BUt still was not able to see the video.... i guess h 264 is also needed... i searched a lot but cant find h 264 decoder for linux?... i found one, but its giving .exe files to execute.
    here --> afreecodec.com/26/h264-codec/

Please let me know any locations where i can download these codecs,
    OR
    tell me if i can install these codecs and see the video, because i think these are not for free?..

Thank you
    Rakesh

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    What video player are you using? VLC should show this video just fine.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!

Installing software

Dude, bad idea to follow those generic instructions. You should always try to first do it the way that works best with your distribution. In the case of Fedora, multimedia extras are available from unofficial but defacto repository at rpmfusion.org. Follow the instructions there on how to set it up. You can get faad as well as the gstreamer plugins that use faad (a generic install would not magically make a gstreamer plugin for you). And you can get VLC, which the other responder suggested and is not a bad idea.