Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, I'm trying to remove some of my larger files and it keeps telling me that the trash has reached it's maximum size. Is there a way for me ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Increase max trash size?

Hi All,

I'm trying to remove some of my larger files and it keeps telling me that the trash has reached it's maximum size. Is there a way for me to increase this? The trash is currently empty so it's the folders I'm deleting that are filling the trash size in one go.
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

They say if you are using KDE you can adjust it under dolphin:

Dolphin > Settings > Configure Dolphin > File management > Trash

That's just what they say, its not on my suse box like that.

Not sure why its that big of a deal, you can delete large files bypassing the whole trash folder by deleting them from the terminal.
    Last edited by scathefire; 02-09-2010 at 07:11 PM.
    linux user # 503963

worked, what a screwy system to have files copied from one partiton to my home partition to delete things...............now I have a max trash at 4 gigs because my home partition is small, I have another partition that is 250 gigs but for me to delete something from it, it has to go into my Trash which is on my home partition......gnome didn't have this
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close