Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, Im new here and slightly to Linux so please bear with me Ive been attempting to setup a samba server that my users can send files to in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Samba - PDF Creation

Hi all,

Im new here and slightly to Linux so please bear with me

Ive been attempting to setup a samba server that my users can send files to in order to create pdf files.

Ive been following this guide:

http://www.planetpdf.com/mainpage.asp?webpageid=1736

So far ive got the setup done, the script is in place, my xp client can connect to the printer but when I send any files nothing seems to happen

So what I would like to know is; have any of you managed to get this done succesfully? if so any tips?

Im running on Redhat 9 and can send anyone my smb.conf if they could help out id be grateful.

Thanks in advance

Just Joined!
    I believe the reason nothing is happening is because you need to run the script after everytime you 'send' a file to that directory. If you don't want the hassle of running the script after everytime something has been placed in that directory, then you could a) set up a cron job to run the specified script at scheduled intervals, or b) setup another script that runs as a daemon process to monitor the directory for new files, and then have it run the pdf script.