Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was installing my redhat linux version 9 when it go to the part about my video card. It detected the wrong drivers so i choose the right section. Then ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Redhat Video Card

I was installing my redhat linux version 9 when it go to the part about my video card. It detected the wrong drivers so i choose the right section. Then it asked me how much RAM my graphics card has. Mine has 256 but the list only went up to 128 after all this i booted linux and the GUI is all messed up plz someone help me out here do i reinstall it leaving the wrong detection of drivers? My graphics card is Nvidia GeForce FX LE 5700

Just Joined!
    If you installed the 'lynx' package I would boot into init 3, setup my networking, download the NVIDIA drivers package using lynx (text based web browser, http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/L...-6629-pkg1.run ), install it, configure my XFree86.conf file in accordance to what I wanted/ needed to change (When you install the graphics drive it will give you a path to some documentation to help you with the XFree86.conf file). That should work for fixing your problem.

Linux Enthusiast
    Fedora Core 3 doesn't use XFree86, it uses X.org, and there's an additional step to the instructions in the nVidia driver's README for Fedora Core 3.
    Near the bottom of this page, there's a part on getting the nvidia driver working with udev, which is neccessary.
    Emotions are the key to the soul.
    Registered Linux User #375050